POLICIES & PROCEDURES
POLICIES & PROCEDURES
*Please read before your first appointment
1. Sexual harassment is NOT tolerated: We perform a non-sexual, client-centered therapeutic based massage. If at anytime during the session any kind of sexual remark is made or our safety feels compromised, we will terminate the session and he/she will be charged full price for the appointment. We will also notify the proper authorities.
2. Education and licensure: We are both highly educated in massage therapy through prestigious schools of massage and are licensed in the state of Oklahoma in addition to other states.
3. By appointment only: to make an appointment, you can book online, call/text (973) 670-2713 during normal business hours. I try my best to return calls within one business day.
4. Scope of practice: We refer to appropriate specialists when work a client may need is not within our scope of practice.
5. Contraindications: to protect the client's health and safety, if there are any signs or symptoms of contraindications the session will be rescheduled. Examples of contraindications are fever, rash, infectious disease, etc.
6. Draping: in traditional swedish massage, the client is unclothed. The client is in private when are disrobing, and are properly draped with a sheet at all times during the session, exposing only the part of the body being worked on at that time. We encourage the client to bring any questions or concerns regarding draping to our attention, as personal and professional boundaries are respected at all times.
7. Pain tolerance: We work at the client's pain tolerance, and communicate clearly so that pressure is not too much or too little. We encourage open communication and will answer any questions or concerns the client may have regarding their session.
8. Confidentiality: client information is kept private and confidential. It is not shared with anyone without prior written consent.
9. Insurance: We do not accept insurance, however, we will provide you with a receipt that you may send in to your insurance provider for possible reimbursement, depending on your insurance plan.
11. Not showing for an appointment: if a client fails to show for an appointment without any notice, he/she will be charged the full cost of the session.
12. Cancellation policy: if cancellation is necessary, please give 24 hours notice if possible.
13. Intake forms: to ensure safe, customized sessions, we ask that all clients fill out the health intake form that will be emailed to you after you book your first online session. If you do not book online, you will fill one out at your first session when you come in. It is the client's responsibility to relay all new information relating to their health status, so we can modify the treatment if necessary.
14. Payment: payment is due at the time of service and accepted in the form of cash, check or credit card.